984 Tuckerton Road
Marlton, NJ 08053
Welcome to the Human Rights resoruces page under the Evesham Township Human Rights Advisory Committee.
This page provides relevant information for our residents and their familes allow our diverse community to remain healthy and safe. Keeping our community informed and connected is part of Evesham Township’s mission to serve as a resource center for our residents.
- An American nonprofit organization founded in 1920 to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
SAGE (Services and Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Elders)
- The country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ+ older people. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources to LGBTQ+ older people and their caregivers.
- The Division of Mental Health Advocacy (MHA) provides representation at initial commitment hearings, periodic review hearings, voluntary approval hearings and placement hearings at federal, state, county, general and private psychiatric hospitals for adults and children
New Jersey Department of Human Services: Division of Aging Services
- This state agency administers a number of federal and state-funded programs that make it easier for older adults to live in the community as long as possible with independence, dignity and choice.
- A general list created to help children in out-of-home placement understand their right. As a child or adolescent in out-home-placement, these individuals have the right to live in a safe environment free from physical, mental, psychological, emotional abuse, corporal punishment, exploitation, or needless physical control or isolation.