Mental Health Resources
A Note on the Health and Well-being of Youth
The health and wellbeing of youth, especially mental health, is one of the most important factors in the development of our futures as an individual, a generation, and as a world. With health issues for youth continuing to be on the rise in these modern times, the promotion of the wellness of youth is something the Youth Advisory Committee actively pursues.
The reality is that unhealthy mental health among youth can change one’s opportunities in life, the people around someone, and one’s very future. To ensure the success of our peers, and the betterment of our generation and generations ahead of us, we here at YAC are promoting access to help for mental health, and other health related issues. The following list of resources provides opportunities for help for youth suffering from a wide array of issues.
If you need additional help, feel free to contact any of our contact points. We here at YAC are with you, and stand by all youth who may be struggling.
Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health and Wellness Resources for Young Adults During COVID-19 - https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/youthhelp
Returning to the classroom and regular activities after the disruptions of COVID-19 may cause stress and anxiety for students of any age.
This webpage to guide young people and their families to resources that promote student health and well-being, including mental health.
- Teen Mental Health - https://teenmentalhealth.org/
Offers a specific range on youth mental health issues with up to date information, resources, and media outlets
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) - https://www.nami.org/home
Offers broad information on how mental health issues can affect people of all ages
- NAMI New Jersey - https://www.naminj.org/
Offers help on a local level to people suffering from mental health issues
- Mental Health America - https://mhanational.org/
A website dedicated to reducing the issues caused, in a board manor, by mental health issues
- MHANJ (Mental Health Association New Jersey) - https://www.mhanj.org/
A website dedicated to locally assisting people with mental health issues in a broad manner
Domestic Violence Resources
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - https://www.thehotline.org/
A confidential website dedicated to providing direct assistance to those facing domestic violence issues, and immediately erases all browsing history of that website to keep your use of this website private
Substance Abuse Resources
- Young Men's Health - https://youngmenshealthsite.org/
A website dedicated to youth young men's general health providing mental, nutritional, and sexual resources
- Young Women’s Health - https://youngwomenshealth.org/
A website dedicated to youth young women's general health providing mental, nutritional, and sexual resources
School Assistance Resources
Dietary & Nutrition Resources
- Teen Help - https://www.teenhelp.com/
Offers wide array of help for youth issues ranging from domestic issues, drug abuse, mental health, and sexual issues as well
- CDC (Center for Disease Control) - https://www.cdc.gov/
A federal government agency utilized to prevent disease, and assist those suffering from physical, and mental diseases
- NJDOH (New Jersey Department of Health) - https://www.nj.gov/health/
A state government subdivision utilized to prevent disease, and assist those suffering from physical, and mental diseases
NJDCF - DEB (New Jersye Department of Children and Families: Office of Diversity, Equity and Belonging) -https://www.nj.gov/dcf/about/divisions/deb/
The state offcie that coordinates the work of the DCF regarding the race equity steering committee, and develops and implements initiatives that promote equitable outcomes for children and families.
Local, County & State Resources
- Inner Balance Psychology Center - https://www.innerbalancepsychology.com/
By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, therapists at this office specialize in unearthing long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding people back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
Center For Family Guidance, PC - https://ctrfamilyguidance.com/
Center for Family Guidance, PC provides quality behavioral health services to compassionately support health and well-being across the continuum of care.
- Marlton Psychological Services, LLC -http://www.marltontherapy.org/contact/
This office specializes in helping people break free from old patterns, develop new skills and find new ways to respond to life's challenges through individual psychotherapy, relationship counseling, group therapy and other services.
- Hopewell Springs Counseling Center - https://www.drdavidleibovitz.com/
Psychologists specialize in the professional treatment of anxiety (worries, fears, OCD, panic, trauma, social), depression (sadness, grief, poor self-esteem, loss of pleasure, hopelessness), stress and coping deficits, relationship issues, behavioral issues, and more.
- Center for Counseling and Education - https://cfcenj.com/educational-programs/chill/
A Stress-Busting, Fun-Loving Group Program for Children and Teens! CHILL helps identify and explore strategies to build self-support and adaptive thinking skills to navigate life’s ups and downs.
- Burlington County NJ Youth Services - http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/1350/Youth-Services
The Division of Youth Services provides a broad spectrum of services to support the education, employment, and judiciary needs of youth and young adults in our County.
- State of NJ Department of Children and Families - https://www.nj.gov/dcf/adolescent/
DCF supports various programs and services for adolescents and young adults including housing, life skills, mentoring, employment/training, educational support, youth advocacy, and healthcare. Youth can search Child Protection and Permanency’s (CP&P) policies, learn how to contact a CP&P worker, and email questions to the Office of Adolescent Services.
- NSPL (National Suicide Prevention Line) - 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK)
A hotline dedicated to youth conteplating suicide in an attempt to talk them down and assist them in their troubled times
- NDVH (National Domestic Violence Hotline) - 800-799-7233
A hotline dedicated to youth suffering from domestic violence in effort to provide them options, and help
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) - 1-800-662-4357
A hotline dedicated for youth suffering from the disease of substance abuse, in an effort to assist them to recover from said epidemic
- NCLD (National Center for Learning Disabilities) - 1-888-575-7373
A hotline dedicated to assisting youth with learning disabilities cope with said disability and overcome its hardships
- Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network (RAINN) - 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
A hotline dedicated to assisiting youth who have faced sexual assault issues in their past or are presently facing these issues in effort to assist their situation