Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

Please select your question category

View all frequently asked questions

The Pet License Application is available as a pdf to complete online and print by  Clicking Here

You may obtain one at the Township Clerk's office at 984 Tuckerton Road, Room 201. You must bring proof of rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neutering information.

January 1st to February 1st of Licensing Year Dog/Cat - Spayed/Neutered -  $12.00
Non-spayed/Neutered - $15.00

Beginning Feb. 1st to Feb. 28th of Licensing Year Dog/Cat - Spayed/Neutered -  $17.00        Non-spayed/Neutered - $20.00

Beginning March. 1st to Dec. 31st of Licensing Year Dog/Cat - Spayed/Neutered -  $37.00
          Non-spayed/Neutered - $40.00 (late fee does not apply to new animals)

Licenses expire January 31 and are subject to renewal during January of each year.

You can register to vote at the Township Clerk's Office.

You must be:

1) A citizen of the United States;

2) At least 18 years of age on or before the next election;

3) A resident of New Jersey and of Burlington County for at least 30 days.


The deadline to register to vote in the next ensuing election is 21 days prior to the election day.

Click here for a Voter Registration Form (in pdf format)

You may use the Vital Statistic Request Form to complete and mail with your payment (instruction and fees are on the form).  For more detailed information concerning the Registrar's office please Click Here.


Meetings Commencing at 6:30 PM with Executive Session followed by
Regular Meeting at 7:00 PM

January 14, 2020
February 4, 2020
February 18, 2020
March 3, 2020
March 17, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 21, 2020
May 5, 2020
May 19, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 23, 2020
July 14, 2020
August 18, 2020
September 15, 2020
October 6, 2020
October 20, 2020
November 10, 2020
December 1, 2020
December 15, 2020
January 4, 2021 Reorganization  (5:00 p.m. Monday)


If the inoperable vehicle is on private property, you can submit a Report an Issue form and select "Inoperable vehicle on private property" in the Issue field.   The office of community development will inspect and send a notice of violation if necessary.  If the inoperable vehicle is in the street, please contact police department at 983-1111 (non-emergency number).

Yes; however, there are restrictions. You will need to apply for an Permit for Outdoor Sales or Display.  For more details regarding size, type and duration of sales, and exemptions from permit, click here to review Evesham Township Code online at, and search for Chapter 120 .

The zoning permit application fee varies depending on the use of the property.  You may find the zoning permit fees on the Zoning Permit application & instructions form or by searching for Chapter 72 in the Township Code.

Flood maps are available for viewing at your local library or you may also call Community Development at 856-983-2914 and our Zoning Officer can confirm your flood zone classification.

When you pay for your building, electrical, plumbing or fire permit, you will receive a checklist of required inspections.  You’ll schedule the inspection one day in advance by calling our inspections line at 856-983-2914 x1 between 8 am – 3 pm. Inspections are done Monday – Friday between 8 am and 2 pm.  PLEASE KNOW THAT ALL TOWNSHIP INSPECTORS CARRY PHOTO ID.

All sheds require a zoning permit and a building permit might also be required depending on the size.  For more details, go to shed handout.  If you are part of an HOA, you will need their approval first.

The Department of Community Development is available Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 to help you through the application process.  We are located in Suite 204 of the Township Building at 984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, NJ 08053.

Either the property owner or contractor may complete the forms.  Electrical and plumbing contractors must affix their respective seals to the permit application.

All permit applications require a description of the job, materials and equipment being used, and cost of the project.  If the project involves construction plans, we require three sets of plans. Permits must be displayed in conspicuous location while work is being performed and remain posted until final inspections are completed.

A zoning permit is required for a fence.  If the fence surrounds a pool, a building permit is also required and it must meet the pool barrier code.  You’ll need a copy of your property survey and if you are part of a homeowners association, you will need their approval first.  For more details, go to chapter 160-22 of the township code.

The distance varies depending on your zoning district which you can find on our zoning map. For details on required setbacks, dimensions,  building height, lot coverage, etc., please review our performance regulations in the Township Code.  You’ll need to submit a zoning permit application and a UCC construction permit application prior to starting the work.

A construction/building permit ensures the work performed conforms to fire and building codes and is inspected and certified by licensed construction inspectors.  This protects individuals  and the community.   Also, if you have an insurance claim related to any work done without permits, your carrier might not pay the claim.  They often check with the township to confirm permits were issued.

You can find your zoning district on the township’s zoning map or you can submit an online service request to find out your district or you can contact the zoning officer at 856-984-2914 x2.  The zoning regulations  and performance regulations can be found in chapter 160 of the township code.

A new business needs a permit prior to occupying the tenant space.  If you are not making any changes to the interior of the space, you’ll need to complete a no work CCO application .   “CCO” stands for certificate of continued occupancy.  We’ll confirm the new business is permitted and that the building can be occupied.  You’ll be registered with the fire department so that they have your contact information in case of an emergency.  If you need to make changes to the interior of the space, you’ll need to submit a construction permit application.

You can look at the township zoning map and if your property is in the c3 (commercial 3) zone, it is considered historic.  Approvals are required prior to any renovations.  The historic regulations can be found at chapter 160-28 of the township code.    There are several other houses outside of the c3 zone which are historic and listed on the historic cultural resource survey.  You can contact community development at 856-983-2914 x2 and they will check to see if your house is on the list.

There are affordable housing units in Evesham.  The program is handled by the State of New Jersey.  If you are interested in applying or need more information about the program, go to

Code Enforcement will investigate the complaint upon receipt of a written complaint by using our online Service Request form, or forms are available at Evesham's Community Development Office.  Complaints may not be anonymous.  The property owner will be notified if found in violation of Township Codes and ordered to comply or the case will be referred to Municipal Court.  For more details, please review Evesham Township's Code on and search for Chapter 54.

Please complete  zoning complaint form.  Complaints may not be anonymous.  We will inspect and a notice of violation will be sent if  the property is in violation of chapter 54 of the township code.  The owner will have 10 days to comply.  Failure to comply will result in either a court summons or a property lien if the township has to cut the grass.

If you require the assistance of an interpreter, the Municipal Court will provide one to you at no cost.  Please notify court staff immediately if you need a foreign language or sign language interpreter.   Be sure to include in your notification any special language dialect required. 

If you have not advised the court in advance, your matter may have to be rescheduled.

Your son or daughter, even if they are under 18, should contact the court themselves to enter a not guilty plea.  

You may be on the phone with them if you like or you may talk to a court staff member before (or after) your son or daughter contacts the court to enter a not guilty plea, to verify procedure, court dates, fines, etc.   And should you attend court with your son or daughter, you may appear before the Judge with your son or daughter when their case is called.

Mediation is a process that seeks to resolve disputes through the intervention of a trained mediator, without pursuing a matter through the courts to trial and conviction.   The mediator encourages discussions between the parties to help them reach an agreement. The types of complaints sent to mediation generally include citizen complaints involving disputes between individuals or groups.   These are commonly referred to as “neighborhood disputes.""   Not all complaints can be referred to mediation.  For example, motor vehicle matters cannot be resolved using the mediation process. 

An application for mediation can be completed during business hours directly with the court office or after hours through the Police Department. The Court Administrator or Deputy Court Administrator will review the application and schedule the case for mediation. In Evesham Municipal Court, mediation hearings are held the first Monday of every month beginning at 6:00 p.m.

If you are interested to learn more about the mediation process, please contact or visit Evesham Municipal Court to request a copy of “Mediation In The Municipal Courts”, an informational pamphlet prepared by the New Jersey Judiciary.

In certain types of cases, plea-bargaining is permitted in Municipal Courts.   You may try to work out an amendment or downgrade of your traffic or criminal offense with the Prosecutor on the day of Court.    Any involved persons, e.g., complainants, victims, witnesses, will also have an opportunity to meet with the Prosecutor prior to an amendment or downgrade being recommended.

If you and the Prosecutor reach an agreement with regard to an amended or downgraded offense, you may be required to sign a Prosecutor’s Slip, which outlines the recommendation.    You should be aware that unless and until the Court accepts the amendment or downgrade in court on the record, it is not official.

The Prosecutor, who represents the interests of the State of New Jersey, is available at every court session, including the mandatory first appearance sessions.   

Should you be unsure of how you wish to proceed with your case, you are permitted an opportunity to meet with the Prosecutor prior to entering a plea with the Judge in open court.   

Safe Corridor Zones have been established, by State Government, for various highways and roadways throughout the State of New Jersey.    Signs are posted on these designated highways and roadways to notify the public.   The fine may be doubled for a moving violation that occurs on a designated safe corridor zone. 

If you are not sure whether your violation falls within this category, check with the court staff before remitting your payment.  

In Evesham Township, Route 73 from Maple Shade to Berlin is considered “Safe Corridor Zone”. 

If you do not agree with the Court’s decision, you may file an appeal to the Burlington County Superior Court.   An appeal must be filed within twenty (20) days of the Municipal Judge’s decision.    A filing fee and a transcript deposit are required to be paid at the time of the filing of your appeal.   You may obtain all necessary appeal forms and appeal instructions from the Court office. The appeal does not involve a new trial.  Generally, no new testimony or new witnesses may be considered.  

The Superior Court reviews the transcript of the Municipal Court trial and the decision of the Municipal Court Judge, and may change the decision if there has been a mistake made regarding the facts or the law.   All fines and penalties imposed by the Municipal Court Judge at the time of the Municipal Court hearing are effective immediately unless a “stay” is requested at the conclusion of the hearing in Municipal Court.

If you intend to plead not guilty to the offense charged in the summons and you want to have a hearing, you must notify the Court of your intention at least seven (7) days before your “Notice To Appear” date listed on the front of your traffic summons.   If you fail to notify the Court in advance, it may be necessary for you to make more then one court appearance.  

You should be aware that where the summons could have been paid through the Violations Bureau, the Judge has the discretion to impose a higher fine after a hearing and in certain cases, he or she may impose additional penalties and/or sentences including a suspension of your driving privileges, if applicable.

A court appearance is mandatory in any traffic case involving an accident where there is personal injury.  In this event, any involved person and/or witness will receive a notice to appear at every court listing except the defendant’s mandatory first appearance.  This is done so that the Judge may hear from all involved parties before a ruling is made.  

If you are a witness or an involved person and you receive a notice to appear in court and you have any questions or scheduling conflicts, please notify the court staff immediately.  If you simply fail to appear at the hearing, the case may be rescheduled specifically for your appearance.  

This inconvenience can be avoided by communicating with the court staff.

If you face charges which carry penalties with a consequence of magnitude, e.g., fines of more then $750.00, jail time, license and/or registration suspension, probation, community service, etc., and you are unable to afford an attorney, you may apply for a public defender.  An application for a public defender must be completed.  The Judge will review your application and determine if you are eligible.   

If a public defender is appointed to represent you, the court may assess an application fee up to $200.00.   If the Judge appoints the public defender, the court will then provide you with instructions for contacting the public defender to prepare for your case.

Some criminal charges are considered “indictable” offenses and are transferred from the jurisdiction of Municipal Court to Superior Court for review and consideration for indictment.    This means that the offense(s) charged are outside the scope of charges that can be handled in Municipal Court.  Evesham Municipal Court requires all persons charged, even those with “indictable” offenses, to appear in court for the mandatory first appearance date so that they may be arraigned of those charges unless an attorney enters their appearance and waives the arraignment.    Arraignment means, the Judge advises of the charge(s), the possible consequences of the charge(s) and the procedure for the transfer process.   

For additional information on the status of your indictable charges, you may contact the Burlington County Courthouse at 609-265-5000 and ask for Criminal Case Management.    Have your complaint number available when you call.

Attorneys are permitted to solicit business in this fashion because certain court information is public record.  

Some attorneys may subscribe to a service through the State that provides them with a list of all individuals that may have a pending matter.   They may also contact individual municipalities to periodically review their open cases.   

Either way, you are under no obligation to respond to any correspondence that you receive, unless you are interested in seeking legal counsel. 

If you have a payable ticket that you failed to pay in a timely fashion, a warrant may have been issued for your arrest.  In this event, you may post bail at any local Police Station in the State of New Jersey.  When you present yourself to post bail, if you do not want to appear in court but want to post bail and have the original ticket and the subsequent contempt of court charge(s) paid in full, be sure to ask for a “Bail Waiver” form.   The agency accepting your bail money will provide you with a Bail Waiver form for your review and signature.  You should be given a copy of the signed form and a receipt for the bail money that you are posting.   As soon as Evesham Municipal Court receives your bail money and Bail Waiver, we will pay off your underlying ticket, the late fee and the contempt of court charge that was assessed.   You may also post bail directly at Evesham Municipal Court and/or Evesham Police Department.

If you are posting bail for a non-payable matter where your appearance is required in court, you should contact Evesham Municipal Court within 5 business days of posting the bail (provided you did not post bail directly in Evesham) to verify your new court date. If you post bail and do not provide the court with a current address, your case may be scheduled for court and the notice may be sent to an old address. This could result in your missing another hearing, the forfeiture of your bail money and a new warrant being issued. So it is very important that you review the Bail Recognizance before you sign it to make certain that all of your personal information is up to date.

If you received a ticket that you never paid and/or appeared in court for, you may have an outstanding warrant for your arrest and not even know it.   If a warrant is issued for your arrest for an unresolved traffic or criminal matter, or for unpaid fines for a traffic or criminal matter, the court can also suspend your driver’s license.   

If a warrant for your arrest remains active for more then thirty (30) days, MVC can administratively suspend your driver’s license. You should contact the court immediately to find out what you need to do to resolve your license suspension.

Should you receive a ticket and take no action, once your “Notice to Appear” date has passed, the court will forward a “Failure To Appear” notice that either assess a late fee and provides you a second payment due date, or the notice will give you another court date.   

If you fail to pay the ticket by the second due date, or you fail to appear in court on the date provided on the “Failure To Appear” notice, the court may issue a “Warrant Of Arrest” for contempt of court.  

In addition, the Motor Vehicle Commission (“MVC”) may take action to suspend your driving privileges in this state.

If you are required to appear in court for a mandatory ticket, local ordinance violation and/or criminal charge, you will appear on the date and at the time listed on your ticket, summons or complaint.   

During your first appearance, the Judge will review with you in open court the charge(s) pending against you, advise you of the possible consequences of the charge(s), advise you of your right to an attorney, and ask you how you wish to plead to the charge(s).  

If you plead guilty the Judge will enter a finding of guilty and assess court fines, costs and other applicable penalties.  

If you plead not guilty the Judge will postpone your case to permit you time to consult with an attorney and/or to prepare a defense of the charge(s) you face.

Online – Click for online payments

By Mail – P.O. Box 467, Marlton, NJ 08053

In Person – Normal business hours are M-F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Drop box – for after hours payments – drive up dropbox is located in circular drive behind Municipal Building

Payment Plans are available – Contact the EMUA at 856-983-1878 for more details

Seller: Contact the EMUA at 856-983-1878 to schedule a final read prior to your settlement date. For more information click here.

Buyer: The EMUA will send you an information packet upon notification of your settlement. The buyer is required to submit a Change of Ownership form to the EMUA. This form is a part of the buyer’s information packet.

The owner is ultimately responsible for the water and sewer bill. The MUA will send a duplicate bill to the tenant provided the owner has Landlord Registrationwith the Township of Evesham Clerk and has completed a written request on the authorized Tenant/Landlord Form.

May 1st thru September 30. Residents who live on the North side of Route 70 (Wal-mart) may water on ODD days and those who live on the South side of Route 70 may water on EVEN days. Limited hours are also in effect: Midnight to 8 am and 6 pm to midnight on your assigned day.  For more information, click here

Yes, for senior citizens, disabled persons or surviving spouses. The tax collector’s office makes the determination of qualification for discount.

The owner is responsible for maintaining and protecting the water meter. If the meter is damaged, the owner will be billed for the replacement cost of the water meter. For more information on protecting your meter and pipes, click here.

The Indian Spring Golf Academy offers lessons for all ages and abilities. Children from six years old to adults can take lessons with our PGA Professional Instructors. Lessons are offered all year round with our indoor learning center. 


For pricing and more information visit Indian Spring Golf Course or call (856)983-0222. 

Booking a tee time is fast and easy to do. Visit Indian Spring Golf Course to view available times, check out prices, and book your next tee time. 

Visit Indian Spring Golf Course to view all of our current rates. 

Looking for a place to host your next event? Indian Springs welcomes you and promises to make your event an enjoyable experience. For groups of all sizes please contact Bob Hennefer, Director of Golf at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 


For more information on group outings please visit Indian Spring Golf Course

You may apply for a job in several ways:

1) Download a PDF version of our employment application by using our Employment Application. Complete it and mail it or bring it to the Human Resources office

2) Email your resume to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3) Come to the Human Resources office in Room 209 of the Municipal Building, 984 Tuckerton Road.

The Township has a limited number of summer jobs available. We do hire employees for seasonal work with our Parks Department and we also hire Counselors for the Summer Camp program.

If you are interested in a Seasonal Parks Maintenance position, 1) Download an Employment Application, complete it and mail it or bring it to the Human Resources office; 2) Email your resume to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; or 3) Come to the Human Resources office in Room 209 of the Municipal Building, 984 Tuckerton Road.

The application process for Summer Camp Counselors usually begins during the school winter break period. If you are interested in a Summer Camp Counselor position, contact the Recreation Department at 856-985-9792 for more specific information.

Applications (in pdf format) may be downloaded by Clicking Here.  They are also available in the Human Resources office, Room 209 in the Municipal Building.

You may access open positions online by Clicking Here. Available positions are also posted in the Human Resources office in Room 209 of the Municipal Building, 984 Tuckerton Road.

New job openings are posted as they become available. The Township posts only Township positions. The School District, MUA and Fire Department each post their own job listing.

For any crime in progress, call 9-1-1 and stay on the line with the dispatcher until an officer arrives at your location. If you are reporting a crime that is not in progress or an incident or activity that is an ongoing problem, you may call 856-983-1111 and an officer will be dispatched to meet with you.

You can report minor crimes online on the Police Department Online Complaints page.

Letters of commendation, positive or negative feedback may be mailed to the department at 984 Tuckerton Road care of the Office of the Chief of Police or on the Police Department website by Clicking Here.  Complaints about any member of the department may be filed at any time by contacting the on-duty Watch Commander either in person at police headquarters or by telephone at 856-983-1111. You may contact the Evesham Township Police Department Internal Affairs staff directly, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM at 856-983-1116.

Yes, tours of the Evesham Township Police Department are available for community groups.

Any group wishing to tour the department is asked to contact the Office of Professional Standards, Lt. Ritter at 856-985-6011 to arrange a tour. Please provide a minimum of one weeks notice when requesting a tour.

For any emergency or crime in progress or any other urgent situation, please dial 9-1-1. To request a police officer for a non-emergency or a past tense incident, please call 856-983-1111. To contact the Department’s Records Bureau or Administration, dial 856-983-1116. To speak with a detective, contact 856-983-1118.

Tip Line: 856-983-4699

Text ETPDTIP to 847411

Police Department Contact Us page for all contact numbers.

You must receive a release form from the Records Bureau before the towing company will release your vehicle. All appropriate fees and/or conditions must be met before your vehicle will be released.

If your vehicle was impounded as a result of the provisions of John’s Law, it may be held for up to twelve hours prior to release.

No vehicle towed by the Evesham Township Police Department will be released without a proper release form.

To hire a police officer for private security and/or traffic control, the requesting party enters into a contract with the Township.

Once the Chief of Police or his designee determines the appropriate number of officers needed for the request, the requesting party will be required to deposit into an escrow account established by the Township an amount equal to the total numbers of hours needed times the number of officers times a flat rate established by the ordinance.

For additional information contact the Evesham Township Police Department Operation Division Commander, Captain Miller at 856-985-6029.

The Evesham Township Police Department is located on the first floor of the Township Municipal Building located at 984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, New Jersey.

To hire a police officer for private security and/or traffic control, the requesting party enters into a contract with the Township. Once the Chief of Police or his designee determines the appropriate number of officers needed for the request, the requesting party will be required to deposit into an escrow account established by the Township an amount equal to the total numbers of hours needed times the number of officers times a flat rate established by the ordinance. For additional information contact the Evesham Township Police Department Operation Division Commander, Captain Miller at 856-985-6029.

In order to purchase a firearm in the State of New Jersey, you must first obtain a valid firearms purchaser identification card from your local police department or State Police barracks. The firearms identification card will allow you to purchase a shotgun or rifle from a licensed dealer in the State.

If you wish to purchase a handgun, in addition to the firearms identification card, you will need a permit to purchase a handgun which you may also obtain from your local police department or State Police barracks. All applicants for either the firearms identification card or handgun purchaser’s permit are required to undergo a background investigation prior to being issued their permit. This process may take several months.

For complete information and forms, visit the Firearms page on the Police Department Website.

For complete information on becoming a member of the Evesham Township Police Department, visit their Join-ETPD page.

The Evesham Township Police Department will fingerprint residents or those individuals that work in Evesham Township for employment, educational or any other administrative purpose during normal business hours of Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM

All police reports are available through the Evesham Township Police Department Records Bureau.

Normal hours of operation for the Records Bureau are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM. You may contact the Records Bureau at 856-983-1116. Please note that the release of police records is governed by the New Jersey Open Public Records Act. It may take up to seven days to receive a requested record.

The Gibson House is available for rental on Friday nights after 6:00 p.m., and anytime on Saturdays and Sundays. For availability, please call 856-985-9792.

We are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. except holidays. Our offices are located in the Gibson House at 535 E. Main Street and our phone number is 856-985-9792, fax number 856-985-2878.

Property owners are responsible for maintenance and/or removal of curbside trees. DPW will remove a tree only if it is considered a danger to public safety, such as a dead tree. If a tree is lifting the sidewalk and creating a trip hazard, the township offers a Shared Service Program whereas the township will incur the cost of removing the tree, stump and affected roots if the property owner agrees to replace the sidewalk with new concrete. 

Shade Tree Complaint form

To expedite the process of having a street light maintained, residents are asked to contact the electric utility company who supplies power in that area. The electric utility companies are responsible for and maintain the street lights throughout most of the town. To determine the correct electric utility company that needs to be contacted, it is the same electric utility company that supplies power for the residential and commercial properties in the area of the light that is out. For example, if the light is out on your street, contact the utility company that supplies electric power to your home. Evesham has two suppliers, PSE&G and Atlantic City Electric.

Please use the links below to contact the correct utility company for maintenance on street lights. It will be helpful to have a nearby street address and the closest intersecting street available when reporting. It is also important to have the pole number when reporting. The pole number will be stated on a metal tag that is fastened to the pole.

PSEG - Street Light Outage or call (800) 436-7734

Atlantic City Electric - Street Light Outage or call (800) 642-3780

In January of 2012, in an effort to improve efficiency and maximize resources, the Township restructured monthly bulk trash collection and moved to a quarterly bulk trash collection schedule. During select dates in January, April, July and October, the Public Works Department
will send out trucks through each neighborhood to pick up items that are too large to be removed as part of the automated trash collection process. See more information here. Our goal with this change is to maximize the value of the labor hours and fuel usage.  The value occurs for the taxpayers when an item is being removed, not when we are spending resources driving to the next item to collect.  By moving to quarterly collections, the Township will eliminate a great deal of waste associated with traveling Township streets where no bulk items have been left for removal.  The resources we save will be reinvested to improve the quality of other Public Works core functions such as leaf collection, maintenance of roads, and drainage facilities.

To accommodate those residents who wish to dispose of bulk trash in addition to the quarterly collection period, the Township now offers a special request bulk collection service. Beginning on April 16 2012, the Department of Public Works will begin providing a special request or an as needed collection service of bulk trash for the residents of Evesham. Starting that date, residents who have a need for a bulk trash collection at a time outside of the regularly scheduled collection dates can contact the Public Works Department to take advantage of this service. This is a fee based service with a minimal service charge of $45.00 for each requested collection. To schedule collection, residents may simply contact Public Works during normal business hours at 856-983-2798 ext. 6910. To expedite the scheduling process and provide residents with additional payment options online payment is also available. Once payment has been received by the Public Works Department, the collection will be scheduled to be completed within five (5) working days. For additional information about this new expanded program, please contact the Evesham Public Works Department at 856-983-2798 ext. 6910.

There are many ways you can keep your streets and sidewalks safe and clear during snow removal by following these steps:

  • Once a street has been plowed, do not shovel or use a snow blower to place snow back on the street. This is a major safety hazard, and is prohibited by our Township Ordinance. When shoveling or removing snow from your driveway or walk, place the snow off onto the adjacent yard or plant strip. 
  • When it starts to snow, park your vehicle off the street. This protects the car from being splashed with slush and salt, and prevents the car from being plowed in. 
  • Check that your mailbox and post are in good repair and that they are behind the curb, not leaning out over the street. 
  • If there is a fire hydrant in front of your home, please try to clear the snow around the hydrant. It is there for your protection and that of your neighbors. 
  • Please remove portable basketball hoops from the street right of way. If they are left in an area where they can be damaged by our snow removal operations, we will not be responsible for any damage. 


Although crews do not place snow in front of driveways on purpose, there is no practical way for the snow plow operator to cut off the window of snow when crossing a driveway. This problem is especially acute in cul-de-sacs because of the confined space. Cul-de-sacs require that all of the snow that is on the roadway within that confined space be placed along the outside of the circle. The problem is compounded by the fact that each homeowner then must clear their driveway, which places large piles on the corners of the drives. 


One thing you can do to reduce the amount of snow that is plowed in front of your driveway is to place as much of the snow as possible to the right side of your drive, as you face the street. This reduces the chance of snow previously removed from the driveway being pushed back onto your drive. This suggestion, may not work in cul-de-sacs that have driveway openings placed close together. 

Residents of Evesham are provided with one green colored automated trash container per household, limited to pre-approved automated collection areas within the township. Residents who have automated trash collection may purchase up to (2) more carts if they feel an additional cart is necessary. The fee to purchase an addition cart is $75 each. After purchasing, residents may pick-up resident may pick up their cart at the Evesham Municipal Services Complex located at 100 Sharp Road.  For additional information please call 856-983-2798 x6910.

To purchase an additional container online click here

You can mail your check to our Evesham Municipal Building at 984 Tuckerton Road, Attn: Public Works and the container will be delivered to you. You may also stop by the Evesham Municipal Services Complex with your check during business hours (M-F 8am-4pm), and take the container home with you.

Bulk trash is defined as items too big to fit in the container which cannot be recycled. (Box spring, mattress, etc). 

For more information on Bulk Trash Collection and Removal, click here.

To obtain a blue recycling container, please call the Public Works
Office at (856)983-2798 ext. 6910. You may also go to the Public Works Facility
at 501 Evesboro-Medford Road (Mon-Fri, 8am-3pm) to obtain another recycling

Hazardous household waste such as paint cans, paint thinners, etc can be brought by residents to the Public Works facility (501 Evesboro-Medford Road) between 8am-1pm on the first Saturday of every month. 

For more information on how to schedule pick-up for appliances/metal, please visit our "Appliances/Metal Collection" page. 

Pressure treated lumber and other lumber treated with creosote are considered hazardous materials and are not collected curbside. For disposal, residents are offered the option to bring these items to the Public Works Facility during regular business hours. Please contact Public Works at (856)983-2798 if you need additional information.

Plowing operations generally begin when snow accumulations reaches two inches, or sooner if the roads are determined by the police department to be hazardous. 

The Township will collect Brush.  You can use our Brush Collection Form to request pickup.

If you spot a hazard, please call the Evesham Public Works Department at (856)983-2798. If this occurs after 3:30 pm or on weekends, you should call the Evesham Police Department non-emergency number at (856)983-1111. Please do not leave messages at the municipal building. 

It will always be more effective to reach someone to respond directly to your complaint by using the above mentioned phone numbers. A message left with a department other than Public Works or the Police dispatch may create duplication of effort or go unanswered for a period depending on conditions. For example, if it snows on a Friday evening, the message may not be received until Monday, at which point the hazard may have already been resolved through either follow-up plowing or a police initiative. 

If you are having any work involving digging on your property, please call NJ One Call at 1-800-272-1000 three full business days ahead of scheduled work. There is no charge for this service. 

There are many miles of streets and many cul-de-sacs within the Township. Typically, the large snowplow trucks will concentrate on the major streets within each particular route. Once the main or primary streets have been plowed, the large truck will move to the secondary streets within each scheduled area. Public Works keeps route layouts logical and efficient to reduce travel times and to save fuel. 

Typically, courts with center islands take approximately 15-20 minutes to be cleared. Cul-de-sacs that do not have islands in the center are the most time consuming, usually taking approximately 30 minutes to plow. In the event of a heavy snow fall, a front end loader may assist in the snow removal process in the cul-de-sacs. Another factor that affects the plow's arrival in your specific area has to do with equipment failures or breakdowns. If a truck is out of service for any period of time, it adversely affects snow removal within your area. 

Public Works makes every effort to reduce the potential for breakdowns; however, breakdowns still occur. It should take each truck approximately six to eight hours to pass through their entire route once. If the snow is a heavy and sustained storm, the truck may have to make many passes in an effort to keep roads passable. 

Snow that accumulates across the side road at the street corner needs to be pushed back onto the corner. This is done to properly clear the street radius and allow cars to turn. The snowplow driver typically pushes snow back onto the corner in the direction the truck is traveling. This is why a particular corner may get more snow on it than another. It is not practical to require that the large snowplow truck attempt to maneuver around the intersection to equally distribute snow on opposite corners. This is difficult to accomplish and is also time-consuming during significant snowstorms. 

Snow piled at the street corner is of particular concern where there may be school bus stops. If there is an accumulation of snow at the corner of a bus stop, children may have to move up the street in order to board the school bus. Please instruct children not to climb on the piles that have accumulated at the corners. 

Every effort will be made to take unique street circumstances into account. However, it is extremely difficult and time consuiming to push at a reverse angle, particularly around turns, circles and cul-de-sacs. Trucks are not built to be articulated into an angle that would allow this type of plowing, and centrifugal force causes the snow to move off of the plow toward the outside of the turn. Public Work's goal in clearing all streets is to maintain as much of the normal pavement width as possible, while at the same time, allowing acceptable access to the mailboxes by the postal carriers. 

If the tree is located on Township property (the strip between the sidewalk and street, contact the Building and Grounds Department at (856)985-6037. 

If the tree is located on your property, it is the homeowner's responsibility to remove the nest. 

All Trash and Recycling schedules can be found on our Public Works section of the website.  You may also download our Holiday Trash and Recycling Collection Schedule in PDF format.

Burlington County wants to inform residents of the proper way
to dispose of syringes. 


Christmas trees will be collected during the weeks of January 15-18 and 21-25. Tree stands must be removed. Any questions please call Public Works at 856-983-2798.

Evesham will be having our annual shred event for our residents (no businesses) on

Saturday, September 26th, 2020  from 8am to 12pm.

Full Flyer(pdf)

It will be located at the Municipal Services Complex, 100 Sharp Road, Marlton, NJ. Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions.

The requirements for obtaining a Permit for indoor and outdoor courts, rinks and fields are established by Town Council and include the following:

Filing an application; posting a security deposit of $200; providing a Certificate of Insurance with the Township of Evesham named as the certificate holder; a roster of all participants; a schedule of games or events; and payment of all fees prior to usage. Fees are set by Council and rates vary by residency and the type of group i.e. Non-profit, etc.

Use of the Recreation Center is for Evesham residents. Proper identification is required to enter the facility during open court times. Organized and scheduled use requires a permit from the Department of Recreation & Open Space.

The Recreation Department publishes a quarterly program booklet the first week of March, June, September and December.  Programs range from tots to senior citizens and everything in between.


The Triple A Half Day Camp is open to children from 4 years old to 6th grade. Registration for Half Day Camp opens in February. Participants can register online  , by mail (Department of Recreation, Attn. Stephanie Morze, 115 S. Elmwood Road, Marlton NJ 08053), by phone (856-983-0222, ext. 6105).  If registering by mail, please fill out the registration form located on the Evesham Township website and submit the form with your payment. Payment can be made via cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).

The Triple A Full Day Camp is open to children entering 1st grade and older. The CIT program is open to those entering 9th grade and older. Full Day Camp Registration Packets are available in March. Registration Packets can be found on the Evesham Township website under Recreation & Open Space. Registrations can be sent by mail to The Department of Recreation (attn. Stephanie Morze), 115 S. Elmwood Road, Marlton NJ. To register, please include the necessary forms from the packet and payment. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). Please call (856) 983-0222 ext. 6105 with any questions.

You can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with any questions regarding Parks, Recreation or Golf Course.

You can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and someone will get back to you.

You can ESTIMATE your taxes by multiplying your final sales price by the sales ratio.

Multiply this figure by the current years tax rate for an ESTIMATE of taxes. Example: You’re buying a newly constructed house in the year 2015 for $250,000. Homes are assessed at market value.  250,000 x .02669 = $6,672.50 estimated taxes.

You can get this information at the NJ Assessment Records Search.  You can search by Owner's name, property location or block and lot.

Reassessment is a program undertaken to appraise each property within the Township to reflect a full and fair value, which is the price the property would sell for in a fair and bona fide sale.

Changes in characteristics of the parcel or neighborhood; fluctuations in the economy; improvements completed without permits; changes in style; market pressure (supply and demand).

It is the price at which the property would sell in a fair and bona fide sale.

Inspection of exterior and interior of all structures. (The homeowner can deny the inspector access to the interior but then the inspector will be forced to estimate the inside value of your home); measuring all structures; photographing the outside of all structures; study of recent sales in your area; income producing capability, if a rental unit; all information is then collated for a Certified Tax Assessor to set the full and fair value.

Assessment notification postcards are mailed annually between January 10th and February 15th.

Assessment informal reviews are made between October 1st and November 30th if a property owner provides market information for consideration.  An inspection of the property is normally required.  Foreclosure and Short Sales are not considered arms-length transactions.

After assessment notification cards are mailed, the formal appeal process is the only course of review.

The tax rate is determined by dividing the levy (amount of money needed to be raised through property taxes to support county government, school districts, fire district and township) by the total assessed valuation of properties in the Township.

Tax assessments are based on the market value of your property. Direct Sales Comparison, Cost and Income Approaches are used to determine market value.

Assessment appeals must be filed with the Burlington County Tax Board, the Tax Assessor and the Township Clerk by April 1 of the Tax Year. Forms and instructions are available from the Burlington County Tax Board or the Tax Assessors’ Office.

A pdf version of Request for Certified List of Owners is available for you to complete, print  and return with a check for $10.00 made payable to the "Township of Evesham." Exact cash will be accepted if you hand deliver your application.

We have seven business days to complete the list. The list will be mailed to you unless you make prior arrangements to pick up the list. The information will not be transmitted via facsimile.

Taxes are due four times a year: February 1st, May 1st, August 1st, and November 1st.  Yes, there is a grace period.  You have until the 10th day after the due date before interest accrues.

NOTICE:  05/05/2020

On April 28, Governor Phil Murphy signed an executive order giving municipal governments the authority to decide on an extension of the grace period for the payment of 2nd quarter property taxes.

Although 2nd quarter taxes are normally due May 1, the law regularly allows for a 10-day grace period.

Tonight, Evesham Township Council used its first available council meeting since the governor's April 28 order to unanimously pass a resolution officially extending the grace period for payment of Evesham Township's 2nd quarter property taxes until June 1, 2020.

This is the latest date allowed by the governor.

(Please note: this is an extension of the grace period, not the due date. Any payments made after June 1 will have interest accrue back to the original due date of May 1.)

It is your responsibility to obtain information regarding your taxes. If you think you have not received your regular tax bill, please notify the Tax Collector's office at 983-2900 extension 2031.

An advice copy is mailed to property owners whose mortgage company is escrowing their taxes. This informs you of the taxes you are being billed for the current year.

Yes, there are several. Senior Citizen -$250.00.  You must be 65 years of age prior to December 31 of the pretax year, and your income must be less than $10,000, not including Social Security. If you are a surviving spouse, the deceased must have met the above requirements prior to his/her death.

Disabled Citizen, Veteran, Widow of Veteran deductions are also available to qualified citizens.

The following are links to the applications for tax deductions:
Disabled Veterans Exemption
Veteran Tax Deduction
NJ - Senior/Disabled Real Property Tax Deduction

You may print and complete the appropriate application(s) and return it to the Tax Assessor's office at 984 Tuckerton Road, Suite 203. You may also contact either the Tax Assessor or Tax Collector’s office at 983-2900 if you have additional questions.

You may mail or hand deliver your payment to the Tax Collector's office at 984 Tuckerton Road. We also have a drive-up drop box located on the left side of the circular driveway at the entrance of the Municipal Building.

You may pay online by going to the Tax Lookups & Online Payments Online Payments page.

No, only a Tax Lien Certificate. The purchaser of the Certificate does not take title to your property, but has the option of keeping your taxes current. You will have to pay all back taxes.

The stubs represent the third quarter and fourth quarter of the current year's taxes billed, and the first quarter and second quarter of the following year's taxes billed.

Each property has an assessed value. The tax rate is applied to each $100.00 of the assessed amount.

No, just the stub. Your check will be your receipt. However, if you do need a separate receipt, please enclose the entire bill with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Any tax dollars remaining unpaid as of January 1 must be raised as reserve for uncollected taxes in that year’s budget, therefore, increasing the tax rate.

No, interest is calculated from the original due date until the date we receive payment.

You should use the "Advice Copy" to pay future taxes. Please notify the Tax Collector’s Office at 984 Tuckerton Road, in writing, when you do become responsible for paying your own taxes.

Immediately, in writing, notify the Tax Collector’s Office at 984 Tuckerton Road. Include your block and lot, the mortgage company’s name and loan number, and your telephone number.

The upper left-hand corner of your tax bill explains the breakdown of each taxing district and the amount of taxes the Township collects for them.

Each entity prepares a budget. The amount of these budgets determines the amount of taxes collected.

Once a year. 

You may register for reminders using our Tax Reminder email subscription form. Please keep in mind that these reminders are not tied to the actual billing system, so you will receive the reminder even if you've already paid your taxes.